Project Brief:

This company is a plastic surgery office in New Jersey. They offer various cosmetic procedures including botox, breast augmentation, lip fillers, microneedling, coolsculpting and more. 

They came to us because they were looking to book more appointments for their procedures.

We took them on the month before Covid hit hard, but when things started opening back up, they were ranking very well and were in the perfect position to dominate their market.



They came to us because they weren’t happy with their prior SEO company didn’t provide the results they were looking for. 

This plastic surgeon had a big site, and had a lot of room for opportunity. 

They operate in a city that houses over 1 million residents, so the competition was stiff. 

There was practically a plastic surgeon on every corner. 


The first thing we did was run a complete audit of the site, which comprises of a 100+ checklist; this is one in which I’ve personally made from years of auditing sites – I can find things that many SEO’s wouldn’t even think of looking for.

After running the audit and analyzing the results (which took almost a week to finish), we prioritized and fixed both the major and minor issues to make sure the SEO campaign was build upon a solid foundation; this included fixing those issues stated in the “Challenges” section.

Next, we dove into in-depth keyword research; this is the process for which we thoroughly research and identify the best search terms to rank, leaving no stone left unturned. 

Using this information, we optimized each important service page to them, which involves reverse engineering the top ranking sites to determine what Google’s algorithm is favoring for that particular keyword, and based on our findings, we go back and finalize our data-backed optimizations, which proves to make a huge difference time and time again. These optimizations involve changes to the title tag, H1’s, sub-headers, body content, internal linking, and schema mark up. 

They had a ton of content on the site, but a lot of it was overlapping, didn’t have enough content, or were completely irrelevant so we ran a content audit to clean up the entire site, from which we saw nice ranking increases.

During that same period, we starting the link building campaign, which involves prospecting thousands of websites to identify potential sites we may want a link from, filtering the list down using very strict criteria, finding email addresses of the important contacts at each site, and pitching personalized emails to each one. We were able to land contexually relevant backlinks from very authoritive websites, which helped move the needle a lot.

We continued to test and refine the on page optimizations, fixing content issues, making sure we adhere to our standard “topic cluster” information architecture model, and acquired a vast amount of high quality backlinks to ultimately get this client the results they needed to continue to grow their thriving business.


Interested To Get Our Featured Service