Info

  • Industry :Oil tank Removal
  • Service :SEO
  • Timeframe :4 Months

Project Brief:

This is an oil tank removal company who wanted to rank state-wide for their main keywords. They offer a simple and straight forward oil tank removal service, along with soil testing and remediation. 

Challenges:

The owner of this company came to us because he wasn’t seeing results from his SEO provider at the time. 

  • Over-optimized backlink anchor text
  • No Cohesive Internal Linking Structure
  • Not Enough Quality Links
  • Missing Header Tags
  • Not Enough Blog Content
  • Needed An On Page Optimization Overhaul
  • Keyword Cannibalization Issues
  • Schema Markup Errors
  • Navigation Menu Issues
  • Content That Needed Pruning
  • Sitemap Issues
  • Not Ranking Well In Maps

Strategy

The first thing we did was run a complete audit of the site, which comprises of a 100+ checklist; this is one in which I’ve personally made from years of auditing sites – I can find things that many SEO’s wouldn’t even think of looking for.

After running the audit and analyzing the results (which took almost a week to finish), we prioritized and fixed both the major and minor issues to make sure the SEO campaign was build upon a solid foundation; this included fixing those issues stated in the “Challenges” section.

Next, we dove into in-depth keyword research; this is the process for which we thoroughly research and identify the best search terms to rank, leaving no stone left unturned. 

Using this information, we optimized each important service page to them, which involves reverse engineering the top ranking sites to determine what Google’s algorithm is favoring for that particular keyword, and based on our findings, we go back and finalize our data-backed optimizations, which proves to make a huge difference time and time again. These optimizations involve changes to the title tag, H1’s, sub-headers, body content, internal linking, and schema mark up. 

There weren’t a lot of citations built, so I went in and audited and cleaned up those that had inconsistencies, as well as built out a lot of niche-relevant citations, which helped move the needle in maps.

I also had to fix some keyword cannibalization issues that were found on the site – this is when multiple pages are competing for the same term, which is a common mistake I find when taking over local business accounts.

This company’s owner is very passionate about what he does, so he provided a lot of Vlog content which he uploaded to his Youtube account. We had the content transcribed, I optimized it, and it really helped move the needle. On a side note, I have him ranked in the top 5 for his main Youtube keyword as well.

During that same period, we starting the link building campaign, which involves prospecting thousands of websites to identify potential sites we may want a link from, filtering the list down using very strict criteria, finding email addresses of the important contacts at each site, and pitching personalized emails to each one. We were able to land contexually relevant backlinks from very authoritive websites, which helped move the needle a lot.

His site had a LOT of keyword-rich anchors, which looks very unnatural and was one of the main reasons why his site was being held back. I was able to dilute the external anchor text ratio by building a lot of quality links with branded and misc anchors, which helped a lot.

We continued to test and refine the on page optimizations, built out the blog content, making sure we adhere to our standard “topic cluster” information architecture model, and acquired a vast amount of high quality backlinks to ultimately get this client the results they needed to continue to grow their thriving business.

Results

  • 27.29% Growth In Organic Traffic
  • 13 Keyword Increases
  • 5-10 Phone Calls Per Day
  • A Very Happy Client

Interested To Get Our Featured Service